Sunday, March 18, 2012

From the “I Cannot Believe I Did That” Files

I love skincare products from the Japanese company DHC. They are made with non-toxic ingredients and feel really nice on my skin. They also give you a choice of three little samples when you order. This last order, I received my three samples, and they threw in a third. Most of the time, their samples are pretty tiny, so I was delighted with the big sample pack of “Rich Moisturizing Treatment”. Here is a pic, sorry it’s so blurry – our camera won’t focus at all when the zoom is used, so it badly needs a trip to the repair shop!

003 See, it’s labeled “Rich & Moisturizing Treatment”

 

I’ve been using it as a lovely facial moisturizer for about a month now. I was a little surprised that this company that usually avoids fragrances in their products made this moisturizer with a subtle rose scent, but my skin has felt nice. Nice enough that I went to their website to read more about this moisturizer, and couldn’t find it anywhere. How odd. They have a LOT of different facial moisturizer lines, and I carefully searched through each line. How can I order more if it’s not on the website? Well, yesterday my DHC print catalog showed up in the mail. I was flipping through it and noticed that on sale this month is . . . 

dhc treatment

From the website:

Rich & Moisturizing Treatment

Decadent conditioning. Beautiful hair comes naturally with twin-care essences of silk and ceramide in this weekly, indulgent deep conditioner. Hydrate and condition hair with essences of botanical ceramide and amino-acid silk proteins, which lock in moisture. Shea butter and betaine moisturize and protect, helping to fight split ends and breakage, as well as encourage strength and shine—all while relaxing your senses with a lovely rose-floral fragrance.

 

Uhm. Yeah.

I suppose the upside is that my face, having its moisture locked in twice daily, is not only moisturized and protected, but won’t break or split, and will have strength and shine . . . sighhhhhhhh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teehee! That sounds like the sort of thing that I would do. Oh well, at least you won't have to worry about any split ends!

Carolyn Y

caulistats said...

Oh, that is FUNNY! :^D

Buffybelle said...

I got a good chuckle out of that one. I wouldn't mind getting some of that for my hair though. I am using a shampoo goat milk soap bar and it really drys hair out.

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you get the idea.
-Charlotte