Monday, March 21, 2011

I Find Him Both Handy AND Handsome!

Not quite ready for the big reveal yet, so thought I’d do another hint post, this time with camera batteries.

We’re big fans around here of the “Red Green Show” (well, on video since we don’t have TV), where Red always says, “If women don’t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy”. Eat your heart out, women of the world, I got the whole package :-).

Three days of the delectable smell of wood being cut, and the sounds of hammering and drills and such, and the guys are done with the project. I’m still painting, though, and need to apply one or two coats of polyurethane, so you’ll still have to wait for the Big Reveal. In the meantime,

031

 032

037 - Copy

 

One product review sort of note: Behr’s primer/paint stuff . . . what is it called, “Ultra Premium” or something? Yuck. At least in espresso over bare wood. Dried blotchy, and looks like chalk got in my cup of espresso. A second coat didn’t help at all, so I’m pausing to think, but we’ll get there soon. Can hardly wait to post pics and show off The Patriarch’s amazing skills!

3 comments:

caulistats said...

Hmmm. Well, that first picture is reminding me of that wonderful bunkbeds-n-storage unit you already have, but I can't imagine that one needing to be replaced! Perhaps another one for the boys?

All the pics are looking good, whatever the mystery item is!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the after pic's! I was kinda digging the bare wood, but it'll be cool to see it all completed.

Kimberly said...

You know, I went back and forth and back and forth about that bare wood. It DID look fabulous, and it was a really close call. But parts of the project were exposed MDF, so the whole thing would've had to be stained, sanded, re-stained, polyurethaned, etc. Bigger project.