Sunday, January 16, 2011

DeBoles GF Spaghetti Review

I really have been wimpy about the GF pastas. Tinkyada and Shirataki noodles just haven’t done it for me. The Tinkyada tastes odd and the texture of the Shirataki are fine for using for, say, chicken noodle soup, but not a pasta dish. And I crave pasta dishes, not chicken noodle soup.

Without much hope, and because it was on sale at Albertson’s, I picked up a box of “DeBoles Multi-grain Spaghetti Style Pasta”. While it wasn’t a straight-up match for wheat pasta, I’d say the taste compares to the whole-wheat pastas I’ve had home. Especially in summer, a spaghetti noodle or fettuccine is crucial for fast garden food.

And for my GF sis who can’t do potato starch, I will type out the ingredient list (this makes me hopeful for you):

Whole grain brown rice flour, white rice flour, rice bran, organic amaranth flour, organic quinoa flour, xanthan gum, vitamin & mineral mix (niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid).

I’m even thinking I might be able to trial the little girls on it. They’re sick this weekend and we don’t trial when they’re ill, but I don’t see any red flags in the ingredient list.

Oh wow – I just checked and Azure Standard has a whole line of their pasta! I am one happy camper!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this line of pasta is by far the best we've found. Because we also limit rice, it's still rare to have a pasta meal, but there's usually some in the pantry for a quickie go-to option.