Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Off

Already scheduled for Saturday was one of the biggest yearly events of the living history site where 5 of our children volunteer/reenact. It is typically a hot event, being August and all, but this year the weather was cool and overcast, then drizzled, then poured. I don’t reenact, but I stay on site as a safety issue . . . anyway, Saturday I found a spot under an overhang for most of the day, but we were all wet through and now I have a Very Ugly Cough. Missed church Sunday, although the family still went so Mama could try to nap through the coughing, and the bit of “remodeling” I’ve gotten done yesterday and today was more paper-weeding, which I can do while just sitting there with a box of tissues and a shredder.

Pictures from Saturday’s event:

051Clara on the left, Sophia in blue.

037Araminta has to take three little steps to one of this nice young man’s!

018Awww, Lucinda and this little guy are so cute.

I don’t seem to have a picture of Gareth from this weekend (bad Mama).

004

So much to see and do. It was fascinating to wander around and speak with reenactors from all over, camping out 1855 style. My clothes still smell nice, like turkeys roasting on a spit – I sat chatting with someone from church while she churned butter, right next to those slowly turning huge birds. Mmmmmmm.

3 comments:

caulistats said...

Ahh, so THAT's what you've been up to lately! What a fun day (well, except for the less-than-optimal weather). Cute pictures, too! Thanks for sharing.

So sorry you've gotten sick. But I'm impressed that you've kept purging and shredding even while ill!

Guess you've got a visitor this week, eh?

Kimberly said...

Nope. I phoned her to let her know as a courtesy that I had this cough, and well . . . it sounded awful, so she opted to not visit this week. Turned out to be a good decision, as now it's sounding yet worse. Wouldn't have been very fun for her or anyone.

caulistats said...

Oh, I'm sorry you've gotten worse! I'll pray that you get feeling better soon!