Saturday, August 14, 2010

Remodel Days 7-14

My cough, cough, cough misery turned out to be pneumonia, so yes, that sure did derail progress! I have been able to sort papers, and the last couple of days I’ve been working on cleaning/polishing our old aluminum window frames, which I can do just sitting there/standing there. I googled and found some things to try to clean the frames, and WD-40 was working OK (so I thought), but then it occurred to me, “Why go through cans of WD-40 when I’ll bet there’s a product specifically for this purpose that probably costs about the same as WD-40?”

I always shop the auto parts store for this type of stuff (use these products when I fix up old sewing machines), and fortunately we have two within a few blocks of our house. Wow. It is still really tedious, but the finished product is amazing. Mirror-like. Who knew?

2 comments:

caulistats said...

Wow, what a neat idea! I bet those window frames look bea-u-ti-ful! I should try that here someday!

I hope you're starting to feel better!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's great! I really think that will make a big difference.