Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Remodel: Days 1 and 2

So . . . I think I’ll try to keep track of this remodel.

I’m calling the last two days of my sister’s visit remodel days 1 and 2. Sunday my daughter Sophia and my sister and I grabbed a little notebook and went from room to room listing both repairs and remodeling for attractiveness stuff. We decided on colors and Sister was so helpful in clarifying what mattered and what did not.

Monday before we took them to the train, Sophia and Sister and I went over to Home Depot and chose paint chips, flooring samples, light fixtures, faucet styles, everything. Some of this will be bought when funds are available (flooring, paint) and some we’ll watch Craigslist (vanity, sinks, faucets, lighting, carpet). But it’s all decided and written down.

I could have NEVER done that myself in two days. My sister is amazing, and I’ve been blown away by every interior she’s ever done (well, OK, since her teen years – I won’t mention the Pierce Brosnan poster decor . . .) so looking around our house with these floor samples and paint chips and plans – oh gracious I can hardly wait to see it all!

Let the remodel begin!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, hello? During the Remington Steele days? Pure hottie ;-).

caulistats said...

Ha ha ha!! Wonder who posted that first comment?!!

Kimberly said...

Oh gosh, I'm sure it could be any one of my millions of blog readers ;-)