Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fairy Dust was in my OTHER jacket . . .

So much for blogging, or much of anything else! I was running out the door where The Patriarch and two of the children were waiting in the impatient van, and went airborne. Perhaps I wasn’t thinking Happy Thoughts, as I sailed horizontally without my pixie wings engaging. Big Ouch. I just remember thinking a sort of, “this is so not going to be good” before I became one with the pavement.

I’ve been trying to lose weight by diet and exercise, and for whatever reason it has been such struggle and hard work. I have lost 10 pounds in a little over 2 months, but have had to work really, really hard for each half pound, so that was the worst part of this. I landed on my knees, hips, and elbows (although that doesn’t seem possible, does it? That’s where the bruises are, though) and wretched my back just awfully. So no exercising until a couple of days ago.

It kind of makes me giggle in retrospect to think of myself sailing along, but my husband and the two teen children who witnessed this still wince when it comes up; they say it looked horrible. I’d take a picture, but I think all of the gorgeous purples and greens and maroons of the bruises lose something in translation.

Until next time!

No comments: